How Our Surgical Assitant Program Benefits Surgeons
Get the Right Kind of First Assistant in the OR
When you're in the operating room, you deserve a skilled Surgical Assistant
who can help you perform your surgery effectively, efficiently, and safely.
An "extra pair of hands" cannot substitute for a well-trained
and certified Surgical Assistant, despite their desire to help.
Have you been performing surgeries without a Surgical Assistant for so
long you've forgotten how great it is to have someone you can trust
and depend on? It's hard to fully focus on the task at hand when you
have to keep one eye on the surgery and the other eye on your untrained,
Finding your own first assistant is often one of your biggest hassles.
Eliminate the hassle of just making do with whoever is available or locating
a proper assistant last minute. Insist on proper Surgical Assistant training
for some qualified Surgical Techs and / or Nurses on the hospital staff;
or have one of your own qualified staff trained to first assist. Now it is very
easy, convenient, and budget-friendly.
The Benefits of an ACE Trained Assistant™ Are Endless
With an ACE Trained Assistant™, you'll be working with a
Surgical Assistant who received the best training available, bar none; training that shows in their confidence, knowledge, and performance.
Additional benefits of a trained First Assistant include:
- Avoid delays in surgery start times
- Count on using your favorite Surgical Assistant for every case
- When your favorite assistant is unavailable, count on a highly trained
and capable substitute
- Reduce your liability by using only assistants who are properly trained
won't have to call your partner to assist in the middle of the night or when you are busy in the office. Similarly, your partner won't
have to call you to first assist in the middle of the night or when you
are busy in the office. This
frees up your time to do more of your own surgeries, partake in practice-building activities,
get a better night's sleep, and spend more time with your family!
ACE Trained Assistants™ are trained to:
- Help get your cases started on time
- Make your procedures run more smoothly
- Make your surgical experience more pleasant
- Eliminate many of the so-called "unavoidable" frustrations of surgery
- Reduce your liability
- Significantly reduce wasted time so you can see more patients
- Reduce or eliminate the need for another surgeon to first assist
Who is qualified to enroll on your staff?
ACE Surgical First Assistant School does not discriminate based on race,
sex, religion, ethnic origin, or disability. In addition to the requirements
outlined below, all enrollees must provide 2 letters from surgeons recommending
them to the program.
Enrollees must meet one of the following requirement categories:
- RNs with two years of OR experience and scrub proficiency; or
- Surgical Technologists with proof of graduation from a civilian or military
Surgical Tech Program; or
- Surgical Technologists who were trained on the job. They must provide proof
of high school graduation (or GED equivalency), at least two years of
scrub experience in the OR, and proof of completion of the basic OR science; or*
- Nurse Practitioners (NP), Physician Assistants (PA), Medical Doctors (MD
foreign and domestic), and Osteopathic Doctors (DO). It is preferable,
but not required, that these professionals have scrub experience in the OR.
*We provide the basic sciences online for the convenience of our students.
This includes Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology,
Pathophysiology, and Surgical Pharmacology.
To learn more about our surgical assistant program, click here.
If you know anyone who really doesn't need a full Surgical Assistant
Program but who would benefit from gaining increased and / or improved
surgical skills from our
6-day Surgical SkillLab™,
click here to learn more.