Advancing Your Career is Just a Step Away
Dates & Locations
SURGICAL TECH PROGRAM
THE IDEAL SURGICAL ASSISTANT PROGRAM FOR SURGICAL TECHS!
It’s likely you’ve been doing some first assisting already and not getting any recognition for it. Learn more about how you can advance your career today.
Recognition You Could Earn Moving Forward:
- Recognition on the operative report. You weren’t the second scrub. You were the first assistant.
- Recognition in your paycheck.
- Recognition from surgeons shaking your hand across the table at the end of the case.
- Recognition from peers with admiring glances from some and jealous glares from others.
- Recognition from pride in a job well done and greater impact on patient outcomes.
Don’t hand the instruments anymore. Use them to perform surgical techniques as directed by your surgeons. The ACE Surgical Assistant Program is ideal for you.
TECHS CAN’T DO THAT!
Has your surgeon ever asked you to do something that got you in trouble with an associate in the OR? “Techs can’t do that!” Some think Surgical Assistants are techs with wound closure training. Properly trained Surgical Assistants compare less to techs and more to PAs – only just for surgery.
Anchoring you to your tech designation could hold you down. Some hospitals call their assistants ST Surgical Assistants. You need an effective response when they say techs can’t do that. Block their punch and use their own energy against them. First, agree and take the power out of their statement: “Of course techs can’t do that!” And then, counter: “That’s why I went to school and became a certified Surgical Assistant.” Very effective.
But you have no defense if you didn’t go to school to become a Surgical Assistant. Also, you and your employer have a lot of liability if you do anything in surgery you aren’t trained or certified to do. Eliminate this liability completely with the ACE Surgical Assistant Program.
HOW DO YOU QUALIFY FOR THE ACE SURGICAL ASSISTANT PROGRAM?
Formally Trained Surgical Technologists: The clinical experience in your tech program counts. While more experience is even better, formally trained techs qualify for the ACE Surgical Assistant Program immediately upon graduating from a Surgical Technology Program.
On-The-Job Trained Surgical Technologists: If you are a motivated and experienced OJT Surgical Tech, you no longer need to worry about limited opportunities for career advancement!
We have designed a Surgical Assistant Program specifically for OJT Surgical Techs. This special program is an ACE exclusive. You start with Basic OR Sciences to prepare you for the rigors of the ACE Surgical Assistant Program. The Basic OR Sciences include Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, and Surgical Pharmacology.
Here Are the Eligibility Requirements:
- Proof of graduation from high school (or GED equivalency)
- A letter from your employer or surgeon showing you have at least 2 years of scrub experience in the OR
- Letters from two surgeons recommending you to the ACE program
- Surgical Tech certification is welcome but not required
Learn more about how this program can improve a surgical technologist career, salaries, certifications and more!